- This event has passed.
China – CME & Cultural Tour
May 4 - May 19
CME & CULTURAL TOUR OF CHINA
Register by Jan. 16, 2017 and save $1000/couple!
China’s past and present come alive on this ultimate escorted tour of China. Start your tour in Imperial Beijing withe Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and the Great Wall of China; in Chengdu, visit the famous panda sanctuary and the famous archaeological site of Sanxingdui; explore the ancient capital, Xian, with it’s Terracotta Warriors; cruise the spectacular landscapes of the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo; relax in Hangzhou, famous for its tea plantations and the tranquil West Lake and, finally, experience all that Shanghai, China’s economic powerhouse, has to offer with world class shopping on Nanjing Street, the historical Bund waterfront and the lanes of Old Shanghai. Add to this spectacular cultural shows, cooking classes and an insight into Traditional Chinese Medicine… a cultural and educational journey that you will never forget….
CME Program (18 CME hours)
Group Medical Director – Dr. Rachel Kassner, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
- Academic Program in Shanghai
- Visit a local clinic in Beijing for an introduction on the many elements and practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Beijing Tong Ren Tang (BJTRT) Chinese medicine store
- Participate in a Chinese medicinal herbal tea workshop (Beijing)
- Learn about the principles and processing of herbal medicine prescriptions (Xi’an)
- Chinese foot reflexology massage (Beijing) and traditional Chinese massage (Shanghai)
- Learn about Tai Qi and Qigong at the Temple of Heaven (Beijing)
- Workshop on Acupuncture – moxicombustion (Xi’an)